Freightliner 122SD | SEVERE DUTY
HARD WORK. SMART DECISION.
Whether you are into Heavy/Oversize Hauling, Logging, Oil/Gas Field Service, Crane, Dump, Towing/Recovery, or Vocational On-Highway, with its rugged good looks and combination of durability, uptime and all-day efficiency, The NEW 122SD is the vehicle of choice for you.
Standard (and optional) enhancements on the NEW 122SD include:
- Durable, non-corrosive aluminum SD cab reinforced with e-coated steel
- West coast style mirrors
- Hood durability enhancements for the severe duty environment
- Severe duty front cab mounts
- Broad range of vocational rear suspensions- featuring the Freightliner Airliner air-ride suspension, and the Freightliner Tuftrac 2-Stage mechanical suspension
- Impact resistant back window
- Lower radiator rock guard and up to 1700 SQIN radiator
- New durable halogen headlights with serviceable glass lens reflector and bulb
- One- piece skid plate for SBA
- 80k lbs. rated logger bumper
- Disc brakes
- In- cab battery box for the day cab
- New sleeper interior options including cabinet nets, extreme climate insulation and more
BIG PERFORMANCE. BIG CHOICES.
When it comes to power, let’s take a look at the most powerful and efficient line-up of vocational truck diesel engines on the planet, with up to 600 HP and 2050 lb/ft. of torque:
Couple this power to a wide variety of Eaton manual and automated manual transmissions, including the Eaton Cobra shifter and Allison automatic transmission options (with Gen 5 controls), and you have a truck that can take on the most grueling jobs.
TOUGH INSIDE AND OUT.
The 122SD will join the 108SD and the 114SD in late August, 2013, and will become the cornerstone of the SD line of Freightliner Severe Duty Vocational Trucks.