The Freightliner M2 112 Natural Gas
The M2 112 natural gas trucks feature factory installed and warranty-covered natural gas engines, fuel tanks and related components, including a standard methane detection system. Freightliner’s factory-installed CNG tanks are Type IV fiberglass/carbon with a full wrap plastic liner and an expected life span of 20 years. CNG tanks featured on Freightliner products meet or exceed all applicable safety standards. In the rare occurrence of a CNG tank puncture, the fuel will simply vent into the atmosphere, rather than pool on the ground.Switching to natural gas can translate to significant fuel cost savings. Compared with diesel, the cost of natural gas generally remains low and stable, and government tax credits may be available to reduce acquisition costs. Be sure to check with your local dealer to see what incentives are available in your area.
TORQUE660 to 1000 LB-FT
M2 112 NATURAL GAS STANDARD FEATURES
- 112" BBC day cab
- Steel-reinforced aluminum cab
- One-piece fiberglass hood
- Air rear cab mounts
- Ergonomic wing dash
- Front axle rated at 12,000 lbs.
- Rear axle rated at 40,000 lbs.
- Allison 3000 RDS, Allison 3000 HS Series automatic transmissions
- 2500-square-inch tinted windshield
- Downward-sloping aerodynamic hood for a clear view of the road
- Multiple interior/exterior grab handles for easy entry and egress
- Lower cab height with wider and taller doors, and low, non-slip steps for easy entry
CUMMINS® L9N 8.9 LITER NATURAL GAS ENGINE
- Uses stoichiometrically-cooled EGR combustion
- EPA 2017 and CARB emissions standards compliant
- Available up to 320 HP, 1000 lb-ft torque
- No SCR aftertreatment system required
- Maintenance-free exhaust system
- No DPF regeneration, cleaning or replacement
- Dedicated natural gas engine – no dual fuel
- Reliable and durable
- Domestic fuel source reduces dependence on foreign oil
- Backed by a 2-year/250,000-mile warranty
POWER UP PERFORMANCE
The Freightliner M2 112 is powered by the Cummins ® Westport L9N 8.9 liter engine. The L9N replaced the ISL G engine, setting a new industry standard for natural gas engines in performance and reliability, while offering near-zero emissions. It provides horsepower ratings from 250 to 320 and torque ratings from 660 to 1000 lb-ft. Since 2018, Cummins Westport natural gas engines have included a new engine control module (ECM), on-board diagnostics (OBD) capability, an enhanced three-way catalyst (TWC) and closed crankcase ventilation system.
The L9N offers additional advantages, including a maintenance-free aftertreatment system with a TWC for consistent emissions control. A sparkignited engine, the L9N does not require diesel pilot injection, which means that vehicles do not require diesel tanks and fuel, diesel selective catalytic reduction (SCR) aftertreatment devices or diesel exhaust fluid.