Freightliner Custom MT Chassis
Built for increased productivity and efficiency, the MT chassis offers medium- and heavy-duty options powered by gas or diesel. Its excellent maneuverability in tight spots and four-wheel hydraulic ABS disc brakes provide reliable stopping power and better steering control.
Each chassis we build is customized to the manufacturer and model specifications so they can deliver the features and styling they envision – that’s why we call ourselves Freightliner Custom Chassis. Your vehicle may come equipped with any combination of the options below, but no matter which FCCC chassis you buy, you can rest assured that our dedication to superior craftsmanship, the finest components and outstanding owner care will keep you on the road for years to come.
Custom MT Chassis Engines
FCCC offers a variety of choices from Cummins®, the top name in diesel-engine design. With horsepower ratings up to 300, Cummins engines provide durability and lower maintenance costs through an excellent balance of low-end torque and high-end acceleration. These electronic engines will deliver the performance you expect when you need it most, plus provide a lifetime of no-hassle maintenance.
As part of our pledge to help you consistently deliver more profit, our gasoline-powered chassis is available on either the MT-45 or MT-55 models. It’s a powerful performer, ready to take on large cargo and heavy-duty loads.
- CUMMINS ISB 6.7L EGR / 200HP / 520 LB.-FT. TORQUE / DIESEL
- CUMMINS ISB 6.7L EGR / 220HP / 520 LB.-FT. TORQUE / DIESEL
- CUMMINS ISB 6.7L EGR / 240HP / 560 LB.-FT. TORQUE / DIESEL
- CUMMINS ISB 6.7L EGR / 260HP / 660 LB.-FT. TORQUE / DIESEL
- CUMMINS ISB 6.7L EGR / 300HP / 660 LB.-FT. TORQUE / DIESEL
- GENERAL MOTORS V8 6.0L / 308HP / 367 LB.-FT. TORQUE / GAS
Custom MT Chassis Transmission
Allison’s 1000/2100/2200/2500 five-speed transmissions are state-of-the-art. Electronic controls provide smooth shifting for exceptional performance and fuel economy, and automatic shifting is self-adjustable for smooth shifts during climbs, descents and virtually any road condition. Available park pawls in the 1000 and 2200 models can hold the full vehicle weight, providing extra security when parking the vehicle.
Custom MT Chassis Front Suspension
The MT offers a tight turning radius, and its enhanced maneuverability means you'll be able to better negotiate your way through narrow city streets and alleys.
FCCC chassis offer up to 50° wheel cut to get you in and out of the tightest spaces with extraordinary ease, plus a variety of suspension options to fulfill even the most demanding delivery requirements.
- DETROIT FRONT AXLES
- MERITOR FRONT AXLES
- FLAT-LEAF SPRING / 5,790 – 7,500 LB.
- TAPER-LEAF SPRING / 7,000 – 10,000 LB.
Custom MT Chassis Rear Suspension
Minimize cargo shifts on uneven road surfaces with flat- or spring-leaf suspension, or for greater comfort and protection for the load, take a look at our exclusive Airliner® Air Ride suspension.
Rear spring suspensions with responsive shock absorbers and anti-sway bars provide nimble, stable handling from a foundation of the rigid frame that delivers a smooth, stable and secure ride for driver and cargo.
- DETROIT REAR AXLES / 21,000 - 23,000 LBS.
- FLAT-LEAF SPRING / 9,200 LB.
- FLAT-LEAF SPRING / 13,500 LB.
- HEAVY-DUTY FLAT-LEAF SPRING / 8,000, 10,000, 12,000 OR 13,000 LB.
- TAPER-LEAF SPRING / 15,000 LB., 17,500 LB. OR 20,000 LB.
- AIRLINER AIR RIDE / 18,000-20,000 LB.